Once you have bought your Trezor from https://shop.trezor.io/ you will need a wallet to use it with.
Trezor supports the following Dash wallets:
The URL for the Trezor Wallet is https://wallet.trezor.io/. Note that this has changed from the old address of . Always confirm the URL is correct and SSL encryption is enabled when working with the Trezor Wallet. /
Follow these steps when setting up your Trezor for the first time:
- Inspect the packaging for tampering. There should be two seals and the flaps should be glued shut. It should be impossible to remove the device without totally destroying the packaging.
- Go to https://trezor.io/start/ and watch the video to introduce the concepts of a shifting PIN layout and recovery seed.
- Go to https://wallet.trezor.io/ to begin the setup process.
- If you are using Google Chrome, you will see an option to install an extension.
- If you are using any other browser, you will need to install an app called Trezor Bridge.
- Once you have installed your Trezor extension or bridge, you will be prompted to connect the Trezor to your computer.
- If this is the first time you connect your Trezor, you will be prompted to install firmware. Click the Install button, wait for the download and confirm on the device.
- When complete, the device will display a fingerprint. Verify that this matches the fingerprint shown on the screen. Note that this is hexadecimal and therefore not case-sensitive.
- After verification is complete, disconnect and reconnect your device. Enter a device label on the screen that appears.
- Enter and confirm a PIN by clicking on the squares according to the mapping shown on the device.
- Your Trezor device will now display a sequence of 24 words on the screen. This is your recovery seed. Write the words down in the order they appear on the recovery card. Never store your recovery seed in any digital format, including photos or text.
- Verify the seed against what you have written down and store it in a safe place.
- You will be asked to enter your PIN again.
- The Trezor Wallet will appear with a message that your device is ready for use. Your device name will appear on the device.
- Switch to the Dash wallet using the menu at the top left. You can now use your Trezor to send and receive Dash.
Receiving Dash with Trezor
We will now create a Dash receiving address and attempt to receive 1.0 DASH.
- In the Trezor Dash wallet, click Account #1, then click Receive.
- A Dash address will appear. Click the eye icon to verify the address on the Trezor device.
- Send 1 DASH to this address using an exchange or another wallet.
- Once the transaction is confirmed, it will appear on the Transactions tab of your Trezor Wallet.
Sending Dash with Trezor
We will now send the Dash (minus transaction costs) to an external address.
- In the Trezor Dash wallet, click Account #1, then click Send.
- Enter the Dash address and amount in the fields.
- Enter your PIN.
- Confirm the address on the device, then confirm the action.
- The transaction will be transmitted to the network and the recipient receives the funds.